When you find Prince George’s County, MD townhomes you would like to go see, use the “Request a Showing” button or call or text Dave Egli at 410-705-7979 to schedule showings.
If you are looking to buy a townhome in Temple Hills, MD, there are some important features you may want to keep in mind. Here are ten things to consider when shopping for townhomes in Temple Hills.
- Location: The location of your potential townhome can significantly affect its resale value. Look for townhouses in Temple Hills located near major highways, shopping centers, schools, and other amenities such as public transportation.
- Size: Consider the size of the townhome you want to purchase. Depending on the size of your family, you’ll want to find a townhouse that offers enough space to accommodate everyone comfortably.
- Community Amenities: You may want to look for a townhome community that offers amenities such as parks, playgrounds, pools, and gym rooms. Some townhome townhome communities in Temple Hills even have a clubhouse that offers a meeting room and other communal facilities for residents.
- Price: Like any other property, you’ll want to look for a townhouse that fits within your budget. Keep in mind that townhomes in Temple Hills are generally less expensive than single-family homes, and prices can vary greatly depending on the location in Temple Hills and features.
- Exterior Maintenance: Depending on the townhome community, some exterior maintenance may be included in your fees. Ask if the HOA (homeowner’s association) dues include any of the maintenance work such as mowing the lawn, snow removal, or trash pick-up.
- Parking: Look for a townhouse with enough parking spaces for your expected number of vehicles. Some properties may offer a garage, while others may have dedicated parking spaces, visitor parking, or on-street parking.
- Noise and Privacy: Townhomes share walls and sometimes a yard with neighbors so consider how important privacy is to you, especially if you have a family. End-cap/end-of-row/end-unit townhouses usually fetch a premium because they share one less wall and have more windows.
- Storage Space: When you buy a townhouse in Temple Hills, MD, ensure it has enough storage space to accommodate all of your belongings. Look for additional storage space in the attic, basement, or shed.
- Energy Efficiency: Consider the townhome’s energy efficiency to ensure that you aren’t spending too much on your energy bills. Look for Energy Star-certified appliances and an HVAC system providing high efficiency.
- Upgrades: If you’re looking for a move-in-ready townhouse in Temple Hills, check for recent upgrades such as modern fixtures, new appliances, and fresh paint. If a townhome has upgrades you may want to make in the future, such as updated countertops and cabinetry, that can save you the time, hassle, and expense of doing the upgrades yourself.